With summer descending upon Southwest Florida, now is the perfect time for increased chances of hurricanes, rain, tropical depressions, flooding and hazardous road conditions of all types. As we look around Naples, FL, we can still see the effects of Hurricane Irma firsthand.
Hazardous weather is a fact of life on the Southwest coast of the state and must always be taken into account when driving on our roadways. Let’s face it – driving at high speeds while roads are wet can lead to disaster, especially when large puddles of water collect in low lying areas around town.
Most bad weather accidents occur when drivers are in a hurry or fail to drive within the limits that weather conditions dictate. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bad weather accident across Naples, FL due to a negligent driver, you could be entitled to damages under Florida law. The knowledgeable and experienced Naples personal injury lawyers at Weinstein & Cohen have the knowledge and the expertise to closely examine the facts of your case in order to maximize its value.
Some of the most common Florida bad weather accidents include:
- Negligent or distracted driving
- Driving too fast for weather conditions
- Defective tires
If you absolutely must drive during a bad summer thunderstorm or in adverse Florida weather, it is important to keep the following in mind in order to minimize the likelihood you are in an accident:
- Keep your eyes on the road at all times
- Refrain from cell phone usage and texting
- Obey all traffic signals
- Beware of debris on the roadways
- Pull off the road to a safe area if conditions are too tough to handle
Sometimes, no matter how careful you are, accidents occur in hazardous weather. Some of the most common Naples, Florida bad weather accident injuries we’ve seen include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Abrasions and bruising
- Permanent scarring
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bad weather vehicle accident in Naples, Florida, you may be able to recover some or all of the following types of damages:
- Medical bills, hospitalization, surgery and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Past, present and future pain and suffering
- Past, present and future mental anguish
- Loss of earning capacity due to permanent physical or mental impairment
- Compensation for permanent injury and damages
- Related psychological or psychiatric treatment
- Wrongful death
Our experienced Naples personal injury lawyers have what it takes to fight an insurance company every step of the way – even if it means going to trial. If you or someone you care about has been injured or involved in vehicle accident in Southwest Florida, contact the accident attorneys at Weinstein & Cohen at 239-793-3331 or 305-374-1011, or visit fairnessforall, for an absolutely free and confidential legal consultation to learn more about your options.